Dr. Adam Schneiderman
Dr. Schneiderman grew up on Long Island and has been practicing in New York for 16 years. He provides general ophthalmology care and treats a wide range of eye conditions. He takes pride in his attention to detail and makes it a priority to thoroughly explain exam results and answer all patient questions. With an emphasis on preventative medicine, Dr. Schneiderman aims to preserve ocular health through early detection of common eye diseases such as glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
Dr. Schneiderman also recognizes the impact of our technology driven world on eye health. Dependence on smart phones and computers is now the way of life, and excessive screen time is commonly associated with dry eye syndrome and visual fatigue. Dr. Schneiderman works with his patients to create a personalized treatment plan to manage this often-frustrating condition, with the goal of improving both quality of vision and quality of life.
Dr. Schneiderman joined Union Square Eye Care in 2010, where he is now practicing full time. He enjoys the interactions and relationships formed with a diverse patient population that is inherent to this New York City practice, which draws people from all five boroughs. He is thrilled to be part of a team that shares his dedication to uphold the highest standards of medical care and provide an exceptional patient experience. When not in the office examining eyes, Dr. Schneiderman enjoys exploring the Manhattan restaurant scene and seeking out live music. He also spends his spare time exercising, playing his electronic drum set, and admittedly watching too much TV.
- Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow: American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellowship Training: Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Eye Laser Center, Tucson, AZ
- Residency: Ophthalmology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
- MD: Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- BS: Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Member: American Academy of Ophthalmology, New York State Ophthalmological Society